An introduction to this process is presented as it relates to the COVID-19 health emergency with detailed procedures for patients and health care providers. A listing of the HHS Office for Civil Rights Announcements related to COVID-19 is included as well as “HIPPA” updates for professionals. Policy changes during this crisis regarding Medicare and Medicaid are detailed.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to discuss/explain:
- The meaning of Telehealth
- The types of care which are provided via telehealth
- HIPPA policy changes due to the COVID-19 emergency
- HIPPA flexibility for telehealth technology
- Federal COVID-19 waivers and regulatory changes
4 Continuing Education Hours