This publication was created by a panel of experts with diverse experience in detoxification services.
Topics include up-to-date information about changes in the role of detoxification in the continuum of services for patients with substance use disorders, increased knowledge of the physiology of withdrawal, pharmacological advances in the management of withdrawal, patient placement procedures, and new issues in the management of detoxification services.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to discuss/explain:
- Essential Concepts and Definitions in Detoxification
- Settings, Levels of Care and Patient Placement
- Psychosocial and Biomedical Issues During Detoxification
- Physical Detoxification Services for Withdrawal from Specific Substances
- Co-Occurring Medical and Psychiatric Conditions
- Financing and Organizational Issues
38 Continuing Education Hours