The manual for this course was designed for use by qualified clinicians who work with clients with concurrent anger problems. The manual describes a 12-week cognitive behavioral anger management group treatment program. An accompanying Participant Workbook is available and can be ordered at samhsa.gov: Anger Management for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Clients: Participants Workbook.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to discuss/explain:
- Relaxation interventions which target emotional and physiological components of anger
- Cognitive interventions which target cognitive processes such as hostile appraisals
- Communication skills interventions which target deficits in assertiveness resolution skills
- Combined interventions which integrate two or more CBT interventions and target multiple
- Response domains (Deffenbacher, 1996, 1999)
6 Continuing Education Hours